Monday, September 24, 2012

Change is a Part of Life

Here's a short summary of what's going on with all the broken links on this blog:

- All MediaFire links are dead, forever. If you want something re-uploaded leave a comment or send me an e-mail. But beware that re-uploads are not my priority, so be very, very patient. Updating links may take me anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months! *

- At the moment, the link protection service lix.in is broken. And as a consequence so are all the links from these past 4 months. I don't know if they will resume their service, according to Google the site is for sale, so that doesn't bode well for the future.

- I've already updated some links (mostly DVD's) with another link protection service: links-protection.com Beware that if you have the Adblock Plus plugin installed on your Firefox browser you'll probably get an error message instead of the download links.

- Now the most important bit: no more middle-man, from now on the download links will be incomplete, it will be up to you to fill in the file hosting company. Basically all you have to type is netkups.com so that the download link looks like - http://netkups.com/?d=###### - it couldn't be more simple than that. Doing this will serve the same purpose (ie. protect links from robots and avoid automatic take-down requests), while freeing me from unreliable links protection services.

- All Netkups links are now up and running!

* I can of course be bribed with music to speed up the process ;-)

9 comments:

  1. incomplete links ?? what a strange idea
    I'm not sure to really find it funny..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you know what to type, I don't see what's the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart and marvellous decision!! . Why? To my point of view all these link protection sites were made to close down .

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey pb, what do you think of this one?

    http://link-safe.net

    btw, i agree with you, i don't see any problem with the incomplete links, maybe i will do the same for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. also found this one:

    http://linksave.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I don't want to depend on some service that may close down tomorrow. Replacing 4 months of links took me a whole day! No more, thanks. Besides, those services depend on advertising and may not work if you have Adblock Plus installed on your browser.

    All I want to do is block robots that collect links and avoid what happened to my MediaFire account last May. Just requesting visitors to type in something is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there any way you could re-upload the live Pale Saints stuff here?
    http://pyrolysebred.blogspot.com/2009/03/pale-saints-live-1988.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. and could you also re-upload the teen beat 50 ep?? I'm obviously too late :(
    But I am really glad this blog exists

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.